Thursday, May 4, 2017

For the Love of Chickadees

I have always love chickadees. I'm sure my love for these sweet little birds is a direct result from all the mornings I shared a cup of coffee with dad watching the comings and goings at his bird feeders. There was Vivian, the albino squirrel, the cardinals and of coarse the sweet little chickadees. During this long winter here in Minnesota I spent many mornings remembering days gone by and watching my chickadees flit and flutter from feeder to feeder. Now that spring is here and still have been enjoying these little birds.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/515031344/pinecone-chickadees-mini-quilt-wall?ref=shop_home_active_1
Spring is also that time of year that I'm running around getting ready for International Quilt Market. "Pinecone Chickadees" will be one of the new patterns that I will be showing in my booth at market. This pattern is totally hot off the presses! The finished size of this mini quilt is 11 1/2" x 13 1/2". I used some civil war repo fabrics for the pieced border. To create the chickadees, I used bali batiks from Hoffman fabrics. It was a fun project to put together and looks adorable hanging up in my 4 season porch. To hang this mini quilt I used a 12" Double Scroll Split Bottom wire hanger from Ackfeld Wire. (Any of their 12" hangers will work too)  Hanging this mini quilt is optional of coarse, it is also a nice mini quilt to display on a table too!

I think dad would have really liked this design.
Happy quilting!
Cindy

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful mini quilt, and the applique is wonderful.
    We have a lot of them here, Massachusetts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! Have a fun and successful time at market :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Chickadees are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete